All of us here in South Brevard have watched in amazement as pillaging, violence and looting has destroyed many liberal cities in the United States. We have heard repeated calls for “defunding the police” and have furrowing our collective brows thinking, “Unbelievable! Are they crazy!”
Then, just this week, we have heard the Minneapolis police have called for their citizens to “obey the criminals”.
Enough is enough. Time for some real leadership here in South Brevard, a place where we understand truth, justice, the American way and personal responsibility.
When I say that it is time for some real leadership, I am not just speaking of the elected leaders. You know how I stand: I am a firm second amendment advocate who objects to the loss of gun rights which have fallen at the hands of liberal legislators (including, of course, the liberal incumbent who voted for Parkland and red flag laws) and who will work tirelessly to have our rights restored.
You know strong our law enforcement officers are. Sheriff Wayne Ivey is an awesome sheriff and he will never stand idly by and bow to criminals, nor will any of our other local police chiefs.
When I speak of the fact that it is time for leadership, I am speaking to YOU. Now is the time when we ALL refuse to stand idly by and allow lawlessness and disorder because in South Brevard WE ALL take personal responsibility for our safety.
Here in South Brevard, we are a strong, vibrant, safe community that will never see lawlessness because we:
(1) Back the Blue,
(2) We train in the use of firearms and believe we are all personally responsible for our self-protection, and we
(3) Understand and seek to preserve the inalienable right of individual self-protection.
Towards those ends, I would very much encourage all of you to do the following:
- Find and like the Brevard Facebook group “We Back our Blue!” https://www.facebook.com/groups/562735218008461/ and like it.
- Mark your calendars and attend the upcoming “We Back our Blue!” event on Sunday, August 16 at the Liberty Bell Museum at 1 pm.
- Commit to training and improving your marksmanship at least once per month. (If you have not yet begun your own training, contact me and we can help point you in the right direction. We have many wonderful local gun shops and trainers to meet every training need.)
- Study our American history and the original spoken and written words of our Founders discussing what they frequently called the “first law of nature”, the right of self-protection, an inalienable right guaranteed to every citizen individually by our Constitution. (If you do not yet have a library full of what the Founders said, again, see me! I have purchased a case of one of my favorite books on the subject and will be glad to get you a copy.)
Brevard is a very special place. I am thankful for what we have, who we are and how we will all work together to ensure our personal safety now and for all of our future generations.